Slow-Cooker Beef Barbacoa
Makes: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 6-8 hours
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
Beef pot roast
Kosher salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Season the beef pot roast with salt and black pepper to taste. Generously rub taco seasoning over beef.
- Add the oil to the pan, then sear the beef on all sides until nicely browned. Transfer to a slow-cooker.
- Remove the pan from the heat and deglaze by adding the chicken stock to the pan and scraping the burnt solids to loosen.
- Add the chicken stock and the Tres Hermanas Roasted Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce to the slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low overnight or about 6-8 hours.
- Stovetop method is the same process except return the beef to the pot after step four.
- Great to serve right out of the slow-cooker for tacos with fresh white onion and cilantro.
- Use in your favorite burritos, enchiladas, tortas or sliders.
- Use the liquid for Pozole or any savory chili or stew.